Graduate / Junior Web Developer
Posted: October 31, 2017
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Graduate / Junior Web Developer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get a foot in the door in this exciting industry and learn from experienced and talented professionals. You will be involved in all aspects of web development.
We have well defined production processes and coding standards so you’ll be getting into good habits from the outset. That said, these are always evolving and we welcome everyone’s input, so if you’ve got good ideas we want to hear them.
You’ll also get up close and personal with production code from day one, we don’t believe in giving the newbie all the boring jobs.
As your skills evolve you’ll be able to choose whether to concentrate more on front or back end code - we want to shape the role around you and your strengths and interests.
You were the kid that took things apart to see how they worked. You loved building stuff, from tree houses to model cars. Solving problems is at the heart of everything you do and you view every obstacle as an exciting challenge just waiting for an elegant solution.
You’re looking for a career which will never get boring and an industry which is constantly evolving.
Whilst commercial experience in web development or degree level education aren’t essential either will be a bonus. What we have to see is a genuine passion for technology and a thirst for learning.
You must have a portfolio of online work you can show to us, be it personal projects, websites for friends / family or something commercial.
- This is a permanent, full-time position (37.5 hours per week)
- Based in our central Hove office
- Salary range: £19,000 - £25,000
- Profit share (Paid annually)
- 30 days annual leave (Including public holidays)
- A bonus 3 or 4 days paid leave for Christmas closing
- £500 annual personal improvement budget (conferences, books and learning)
- Matched pension contributions
- Cycle to work scheme
- Snacks and fruit available in the office
- Friday beers (naturally) and regular ‘working’ breakfasts / lunches
- Bright, top floor office with rooftop views just 5 minutes walk from the beach
How to apply
Send your CV and a covering letter email@example.com. Please make sure you detail your skills and experience and provide links to examples of your work.