HTML Template Developer
BrandStencil is our artwork automation software product. BrandStencil is focused at helping the not-for-profit sector get the most out of their brand with print on demand artwork.
The product grew out of work we were doing for clients to create brand centres as part of website projects and now has an impressive client list including the RSPB, Mind, Alzheimer's Society and Crisis.
BrandStencil uses a bespoke HTML based templating system to create all manner of artwork from business cards to multi-page reports which can be exported as jpegs, png or pdfs.
We are looking for flexible and reliable front-end web developers to help create BrandStencil templates on an ongoing freelance basis. The work can be done remotely and at any time of day so this is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to fit some work around other commitments.
The process is similar to working with MailChimp or Campaign Monitor templates (although they are not responsive and thankfully you only have BrandStencil’s internal browser to keep happy).
You first create the HTML and CSS from the supplied design and make sure it renders correctly in the app. You then need to define all the ‘editable’ fields. If you’d had any experience of custom WordPress theming you will be familiar with the concept of defining dynamic regions.
We have a well documented templating process and reference docs for the specific syntax. We’ll also provide some training to get you started.
- Happy working with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign / Illustrator / PhotoShop)
- Confident writing clean and semantic HTML and CSS
- Understand image optimization and familiar with SVGs
- Have an excellent eye for detail (you will be converting artwork to HTML so it is vital than non of the subtleties of the brand are lost)
- Understand the basic concept of templating (think WordPress themes)
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Git Version control
- Basic PHP
- A competitive hourly rate.
- Flexibility to work around your commitments - you let us know the hours that suit you.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please send a covering letter and CV along with some examples of your front end work to email@example.com
Agencies - please don’t bother. Thanks bigly.