Middleweight / senior Web developer
Posted: August 16, 2017
About the role
We are on the lookout for a middleweight to senior PHP developer to join our technical team. In addition to working on a range of exciting client projects you will be instrumental in helping us develop our suite of SaaS products.
We are a technology focused agency so you will relish a challenge and not be afraid to dive into unknown waters. We actively encourage professional development and part of the package includes a training budget which you can use at your discretion.
You will be involved in the full development life-cycle, from planning to coding to delivery. You will be an excellent communicator, have a pragmatic, problem-solving attitude and a genuine passion for what you do.
Over time the role could evolve to include some managerial responsibilities such as running a development team and working with the project team on scheduling and capacity management.
There should be no surprises here. As minimum you’ll have a proven track record with:
- PHP (specifically within modern frameworks like Laravel and Symfony)
- Databases (specifically mySQL)
- CMS development (we use the excellent Craft CMS these days and support a number of complex ExpressionEngine sites)
- Application architecture
- API development
- Automated testing
- Version control (specifically Git)
- This is a permanent, full-time position based in our top floor Hove office (1 block north of the beach)
- Salary range £25,000 - £35,500
- Profit share (paid annually just before Christmas)
- 30 days paid holiday (plus a bonus 3 or 4 days for Christmas closing)
- £500 annual Professional Development budget (conferences / training)
- Flexible working hours available
- A well stocked fridge
- 5pm beers every Friday
- Healthy work/life balance - 37.5 hours a week and no one works late, ever
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please email your CV along with a short case study (around 500 words) of a project you’ve been involved in over the past 6 months to email@example.com.
Please provide specific details on exactly what your role was on the project. We want to hear about challenges which arose during the development and how you overcame these.
If you can provide a URL that would be ideal but we appreciate that’s not always possible.
Please read that last bit carefully, we won’t be able consider anyone who doesn’t provide enough information. Sorry.
Agencies - please, please don’t bother. I know you’ve got targets to hit but you really will be wasting everyone’s time.
Electric Putty is on a mission to bring beautiful software to the world.
We’ve been around since 2004 and work with charities and organisations who are committed to having a positive impact on the world. From campaigning tools, publishing tools, websites and mobile apps we’re helping our clients transform the way they work and deliver their services.
We are a family friendly company and offer as much flexibility as we can so your work fits with the rhythm of your life - and not the other way round.